CARDIFF AND VALE MUSIC EDUCATION is part of Cardiff Council, who is the Data Controller for the purposes of the data collected. All personal data is processed in accordance with the UK GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018.
What data do we collect?
CARDIFF AND VALE MUSIC EDUCATION collects and processes the following below personal data, UKGDPR describes the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract:
- Personal identification information
Parents and carers – Name / Address (home or business) / Postcode / Telephone/ Number /Email Address /Date of Birth
Students – School/ Disability Data/ Racial/ Ethnic Origin/ Nationality/ External exam records/ pupil progress records/ emergency medical contacts/ allergies/
Staff – Name / Address (home or business) / Postcode / Gender / Telephone/ Number /Email Address /Date of Birth / Marital Status / Nationality/ National Insurance Number/ Bank Financial Details/ pension records/ Disclosure and barring service records/ pension records/
- Special category data will be collected under Article 9 for reasons of substantial public interest, Equality of opportunity or treatment. (Disability, Racial/Ethnic Origin, Nationality)
- Sensitive data (Child Protection, Safeguarding Adults, Looked after children, Free school meals, physical mental health, trade union membership (staff) Racial ethnic origin, gender)
- Pupil medical details (allergies, doctors’ details, emergency contact procedure)
This is collected for the purpose of safeguarding pupils, billing, events and activities planning, statistical reporting, tutor and school scheduling)
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide CARDIFF AND VALE MUSIC EDUCATION with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
CARDIFF AND VALE MUSIC EDUCATION may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Internal Cardiff and Vale Council to verify free school meal status, additional learning needs status to verify funding support and support individual pupil needs.
How will we use your data?
CARDIFF AND VALE MUSIC EDUCATION collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing of your child/children at events and activities
To fill our contract Cardiff and Vale Music Education use Paritor to create and manage your parent portal account, and payments are made through Parent Pay and Pay360.
Cardiff Council use third party Paritor to create and manage your account. By registering you understand that Paritor will be processing your personal data. For further information on how Paritor process your data visit: Paritor
Cardiff Council process your payments through third party Pay360, for further information on how Pay360 process your data please visit: Pay360
Cardiff Council may also process your payments through third party Pay360, for further information on how Parent Pay process your data please visit: Parent Pay
How do we store your data?
CARDIFF AND VALE MUSIC EDUCATION securely stores your data ia Microsoft Azure Services. Customer data including backups is held in the UK South Data centre, located in London. Microsoft hold an ISO 27001 accreditation as well as being part of the British Government G-Cloud scheme. The data ais encrypted at all times.
CARDIFF AND VALE MUSIC EDUCATION will keep your personal data if agreed for the duration of active lessons or activities being delivered. Once any active tuition or activities cease, the account will be archived. After a dormant period of 3 years has passed all data relating, you’re your account will be anonymized.
CARDIFF AND VALE MUSIC EDUCATION would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies.
- BBC National Orchestra of Wales
- Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama
- University of Wales
- National Music Service for Wales
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop CARDIFF AND VALE MUSIC EDUCATION from contacting you for marketing purposes. You can do this by clicking ‘withdraw marketing consent’ within the parent portal or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What are your data protection rights?
CARDIFF AND VALE MUSIC EDUCATION would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request CARDIFF AND VALE MUSIC EDUCATION for copies of your personal data.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that CARDIFF AND VALE MUSIC EDUCATION correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request CARDIFF AND VALE MUSIC EDUCATION to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that CARDIFF AND VALE MUSIC EDUCATION erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that CARDIFF AND VALE MUSIC EDUCATION restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to CARDIFF AND VALE MUSIC EDUCATION’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that CARDIFF AND VALE MUSIC EDUCATION transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: Individualrights@cardiff.gov.uk
Or write to us:
Information Governance & Risk Management
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – CARDIFF AND VALE MUSIC EDUCATION uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – CARDIFF AND VALE MUSIC EDUCATION uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. CARDIFF AND VALE MUSIC EDUCATION sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
How to contact us
Data Protection Officer
Information Governance Team
How to contact the appropriate authority Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that CARDIFF AND VALE MUSIC EDUCATION has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website https://ico.org.uk/concerns/getting/ or by calling 0303 123 1113.